yeah, that was cool

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

*2/365*

on the train, rain pouring down the windows. supposedly there's a drought.

staring out the window, trees, fences, houses, grafitti, bridges.

One bridge, just enough time to peer over the edge as my train pulls my eyes away as quickly as it can. down below is a river. sitting on an island in the river is a heron, eating a fish it caught. The heron's pretty small but i know what it is.

And i can't help but thinking im probably the only person on that train who saw that amongst all the stressed commuters, grumpy teens and other randoms. I like that i probably was the only perosn who saw that marvellous piece of creation. for once, im glad that i didn't share it becuase it made me feel privileged.

That was cool.

6 Comments:

  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    nice idea

     
  • At 2:34 PM, Blogger étrangère said…

    I love moments like that - noticing things. Not that you had time to share it anyway, but sharing a 'noticing something cool moment' with others around doesn't make it less cool. The only reason I often don't is because no-one else would think what I'd noticed was interesting, funny, etc. Like the blog.

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger becci brown said…

    so you guys gonna join in then? come on, you know you want to...

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    you mean, by doing what you're doing elsewhere, or joining here?

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger becci brown said…

    doing what im doing elsewhere...set up your own blog with 'cool' in the title and join the crowd...youd be number 5...

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger étrangère said…

    Sorry, I don't think I'd ever reach 'cool'. But I rather like the Belgian equivalent: "chouette!" It literally means a little owl. Now that's cool in my world ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home